Green tea is touted to be one of the healthiest beverages on the planet.
- Contains healthy bioactive compounds.
- May improve brain function.
- Increases fat burning.
- Antioxidants may lower the risk of some cancers.
- May protect the brain from aging.
- May reduce bad breath.
- May help prevent type 2 diabetes.
- May help prevent cardiovascular disease
Green tea contains a catechin called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG). Catechins are natural antioxidants that help prevent cell damage and provide other benefits.
These substances can reduce the formation of free radicals in the body, protecting cells and molecules from damage. These free radicals play a role in aging and many types of diseases.
EGCG is one of the most powerful compounds in green tea. It has ability to help treat various diseases. It appears to be one of the main compounds that gives green tea its medicinal properties
Not only can green tea improve brain function in the short term, it may also protect your brain as you age.
The catechins in green tea also have benefits for oral health.