Cool and refreshing drink of skimmed yoghurt with Indian spices and fresh coriander leaves.
1.Masala Chaas (Buttermilk) is a complete food. It is nutritive and contains all the necessary elements. It has proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, vitamins and essential enzymes and makes a good balanced diet.
2. As over 90 percent of Masala Chaas (Buttermilk) is water, its consumption helps to maintain the water balance of the body and avoid dehydration.
3. Masala Chaas (Buttermilk) has a fair amount of acid in it which works against bacteria and helps clear the stomach and aids in digestion.
4. It provides calcium and nutritional supplements without the added calories. Masala Chaas (Buttermilk) has less fat than even normal whole milk. Calcium supports cell communication and the contraction of muscles.
5. A natural remedy for lowering and controlling blood cholesterol is Masala Chaas (Buttermilk). Its constituents are very effective in keeping cholesterol under check.
6. It contains riboflavin, which aids liver function and assists detoxification of the body. It has anti-oxidation properties.
7. If you suffer from constipation, consuming a glass of Masala Chaas (Buttermilk) will facilitate bowel movements.
8. It also increases protein intake. Protein is the key for robust bones, tough muscles and healthy skin, hence Masala Chaas (Buttermilk) is the drink of choice for many body builders.